|Symposium with Donald Potard (Paris College of Art):|
“Good and bad practices in the Fashion Industry: different archetype cases around the world”
| Symposium with Donald Potard (Paris College of Art):|
“The ten secret principles of luxury: how to turn any product or service into a luxury one?”
|Friday, June 16|
14:30 – 15:30
|Saturday, June 17|
10: 30 – 11:30
CEO of Marchpole continental, Jean-Charles de Castelbajac and Ungaro
He is also the Vice President of the CNCS, National museum for theatre and opera costumes.
Previously, he was the Executive Director then CEO of the famous brand Jean-Paul Gaultier from 1977 until 2005.As well as President of the Chambre syndicale du pret-à-porter des couturiers, i.e. responsible of the Paris Fashion Week.
- Launched first and second women’s lines,
- Launched the Jean-Paul Gaultier perfume company ( Le classique, le Mâle, etc) (1991) with Shiseido
- Launched the Haute couture “Paris Gaultier” brand (1996)
- Bought a 5 000sq meters building, in the centre of Paris (1999)
- Signed a shareholders agreement with Hermes group in 2000
- Opened 15 Jean-Paul Gaultier stores in Europe, USA and Asia (2000-2005), all designed by Philippe Starck
On 2007, became the first artistic agent for fashion designers, and started the first co-branding and collaborations company with more than 100 famous designers and industrial brands around the world.
Since 2012, Donald Potard is also Chair of the Fashion dpt at Paris College of Art, (former Parsons Paris) ; he participates to many juries, and works as a consultant for several fashion weeks.
For full biography, please download here.